5 Compelling Reasons Why a Landscape Design is a Great Gift!
12/18/2012 11:32 AM
When we get to December and January landscaping is usually one of the last things on our customers minds. Unless there's a large snowfall maybe. With all the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season who has the time, right?
I was at the Detroit Zoo on December 16th with my family and, although it's not the normal time to visit the zoo, it was a great experience. It was cool and damp but it was so quiet. You had each enclosure to yourself and you could take your time watching the animals. Some of the animals weren't out but many animals we don't normally see in the summer were active and running around. They were enjoying the cold. The Arctic Ring of Life was especially active with the polar bears and arctic foxes both out. My kids loved it!
Much like our experience at the Zoo, a landscape design may be a great idea even though it's considered the off season.
Below are 5 reasons why a Landscape Design is a GREAT idea as a holiday gift:
1. It's important to give a thoughtful gift
- Gifting a landscape design says that you care about what they think, value their input, and want to do something special for them. Maybe your significant other has been talking about fixing up the yard or adding something but you just haven't had the time to look into it. Let them know you listened to what they had to say.
2. Spring is a crazy time in the landscape world
- Spring gets so busy and the schedule fills up so fast that July is here before we can catch our breath in the design department. Going through the design process now means you won't have to deal with the spring rush. Our calendars are much more open and we can usually work right around your schedule.
3. Time is on your side
- Often times, when customers go through the design process they want to rush it because they are ready to get work going. We find ourselves trying to slow them down a bit to make sure we get all the details right. Doing the design in the off season eliminates the need to hurry. It gives you and your loved one more time to look at the design and make decisions. And, with our 3D software, you'll be able to really see what it's going to look like in the decision making process.
4. Sometimes the anticipation is as good as the gift
- The design is only the beginning of the process. Whether you want to create a master plan and phase out the project over the next several years or you want to focus on one area, once the plan is in place, the anticipation starts. While the winter seems to drag on in February and March you will be able to focus on spring and summer with your new landscape. The anticipation will help melt away the winter blues.
5. A commitment for the future
- A landscape design is a plan for the future. It says that you plan on being there, with them, enjoying something beautiful together for many years to come. It says you want to build a home with them, not just a house.
So that's it! Five compelling reasons why a landscape design is a great 'outside-of-the-box' gift idea. Although you can still wrap it up!
If you're thinking about a landscape design, give us a call at (248)391-2889.