An attractive and well-maintained facility makes a clear statement about the quality of your business. It makes a favorable impression on each visitor, client, vendor or prospective employee from the moment they step foot on your property. It also boosts employee morale. Imagine the positive impact that a well-landscaped outdoor eating area would have on your staff. [They might be less apt to be late returning from their lunch break too!] Providing a place to rest and recharge for a few minutes, outdoors, can also enhance productivity and reduce stress levels.
A hotel that adds a water feature, a retail store that adds a brick paver entrance with colorful planters, or a restaurant that screens the parking lot with tasteful plantings all position themselves to retain current customers as well as attract new clients. They also distinguish themselves from their competition.
We live in an fast paced age, often with significant stress. At the end of a long day wouldn't it be nice to come home to an inviting, relaxing special place...a place that gives you a sense of peace and comfort?
A well-designed landscape can be the key to making your home a place where you like to spend time.
With the significant growth in interest in outdoor living,
we find that customers are not only looking for beautiful garden areas, but also functional outdoor spaces that add useable area to the home. Outdoor kitchens, bars, fireplaces and dining areas add beauty and real value to your property. [And in Michigan, a gorgeous, functional landscape enables you to make the most out of your precious outdoor time.]
Statistically, enhancing your landscape does "pay off" in more ways than simply adding to your quality of life:
- "Landscaping can add between 7% and 15% to a home’s value." Source: The Gallup Organization
- "Homes with ‘excellent’ landscaping can expect a sale price about 6% to 7% higher than equivalent houses with ‘good’ landscaping..." Source: Clemson University Study
- "Landscaping can bring a recovery value of 100% to 200% at selling time..." Source: Money Magazine
- "In one study, 99% of real estate appraisers concurred that landscaping enhances the sales appeal of real estate." Source: Trendnomics, National Gardening Association
- Landscaping can reduce air conditioning costs by up to 50 percent, by shading the windows and walls of a home. Source: American Public Power Association.
Whether you are considering enhancing a commercial or a residential property, it is important to remember that everything doesn't have to happen at once. Our design team is exceptionally skilled at "phasing" landscape projects over a period of months or years. You can add features from your custom landscape plan as your budget allows, knowing that you will still be progressing seamlessly toward a complete landscape that will truly suit your taste and needs.
By starting with a professional design, you will also be avoiding the piecemeal approach that often plagues do-it-yourself landscape projects. We often meet with homeowners who begin projects, start to clear areas, put in a mix of plants, and proceed without a plan. The result is a hodgepodge of plantings and gardens that give the property a disorganized feel. Utilizing your custom landscape design ensures a polished look , while remaining within a pre-established budget.